Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Dreams Came True!!!

Well I haven't updated my blog in a long time, but i have a good excuse. We got a brand new baby boy and we named him Dallon Michael Carrier! I am so excited that our dreams came true and we are finally a family!! It happened in the craziest of ways so I will tell the story. Well on June 25 i was at work going on a break when I got a call form LDS services. They said they had a situation and that the baby was born that morning and it was a little boy. I was so excited I remember pacing up and down the hall in my work. Then Our social worker said that would we be prepared to have a baby that weekend I just shouted yes of course!! Then i had to go back to work, after going crazy with excitement.. I ended up leaving early for the day since we needed to buy a car seat and baby stuff just in case we were going to get him. We were being looked at along with other couples as well. we then got a call at 9 pm and our case worker said we were bringing home a little man the next day!!!! I freaked out and I was laughing and pacing and crying all at once! Then she told us when we would meet at the hospital and so we could meet the person who organized this all to happen through LDS services. Originally from what i heard the birth mother and father came in delivered the baby and left 8 hours later. They were so courageous to do what they did. The nurses said that they did want to see him before they left and that they were crying. What an emotional hard day that was for them and i will be forever grateful for their sacrifice. we later came around 10 am and met our case workers there and also the guy who is also a bishop, he was the person who got a hold of LDS services since the birth parents were going to have him placed just with the state. Luckily they agreed that the agency would pick the couple for their baby. we later found out that they chose us out of 50 couples! after we all were introduced we then met the nurses who had been taking care of our little guy. they were very sweet and loving. We then walked down the short hallway into the delivery room and a nurse was feeding him. I remember just stopping and staring and being scared to hold at first when she placed him in my arms. then I sat down and I remember looking up and seeing Michaels face filled with tears. I then moved so he could hold him. he is such a happy father!! After that we got to open the blankets up and look at how perfect he was and get him dressed to come home. then there was tons of paperwork to fill out and then we left to go home. My parents were with us and we only had wished Michaels parents would have been able to come as well. but they were a long ways a way. We called them through-out the day and week to keep them updated. It was an amazing wonderful and incredible day and i can't believe how lucky we are to have our little boy in our lives! It came on so suddenly but it was so worth the wait!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so happy for you guys!

Dena said...

We are so excited for you! :-)

Taresa said...

I'm so happy you guys were blessed with such a cute little boy! let me know if you EVER need a babysitter!

jeff and alli said...

This is Allison Thomas (Allison Bodily, Caldwell 3rd ward...). I sometimes go 'blog hoppin' just for fun and was surprised to find a blog with you guys, and let alone that you have a baby boy! Congrats! I am very happy for you. Dallon is a very lucky and blessed little boy.

Lynners said...

Dallin is one lucky little kid to come to your home! He is so beautiful and sweet! Thanks for letting us come to the sealing last Saturday. That was a beautiful experience we won't ever forget. We love you!!

JoshandMegs said...

Congratulations a thousand times! I am so happy to hear you two have finally been blessed with a beautiful baby boy. I saw a couple pictures of him on Laura's facebook and he is soooo adorable. What cute cheeks! I hope all is going well for you three!

Unknown said...

Loved reading your blog about the special day Dallon was given to you and Mike's tender tears when you held that sweet boy for the first time. I can imagine how you both felt. I feel like crying just reading about it. What a wonderful miracle and what deserving parents who have waited so long for that day to arrive. What a joyful happy event in all our lives who love you so much.
Grandma M.

Unknown said...

I love your story about how you got Dallon and your dream came true. What a darling baby and what lucky parents you are. We love to have you come visit. The Lord knew when the right time was and you were chosen to be his parents. We're the happy great grandparents. Keep up the great life you have begun. Lovingly Grandma

The Nursery

Christmas Time